Quantcast

By - October 7, 2014

Filed under: Politics As Usual

Comment Missed In Ben Affleck, Bill Maher Dust Up Over Islam

I felt really conflicted when viewing the video of Ben Affleck and Bill Maher arguing about the idea of Islamaphobia.  On one hand I find Bill Maher completely repulsive as he is an arrogant, egotistical, pseudo-intellectual religion basher, then there is the fact that Maher sees the obvious dangers of Islam and is not afraid to talk about it.

On the other side was Ben Affleck, the new Dark Knight (Batman).  I have been trying to find a way to like Ben, but then there is this dust up Ben has with Bill.  I will say, I agree with both men to a point: Ben is correct that not all or even a majority of Muslims are terrorist, but then Bill is correct in saying that Islam is what the fundamentalist Muslims are obeying when they commit their atrocities.  Most Muslims either look at the violent aspects of Islam in the same manner as a great number of Catholics look at birth control, in that it is a rule but not necessarily one they subscribe to whole-heartedly or they look at the violent aspects as something they know is necessary, but will let others carry out the dirty work.

Among the entire dust up between B & B, nearly everybody is missing a comment Ben Affleck made that is more scary that the subject at hand.  When you roll to the 1 minute mark of the embedded video you will hear Ben say: “If you want to be liberals, believe in liberal principles like, freedom of speech, like umm, we are endowed by our Cr… Forefathers with unalienable rights like all men are created equal.”

Really Ben!?  Do you have to re-write the preamble of the Declaration, so it doesn’t include the most important word in that sentence?  Do you believe that our unalienable rights were given to us by our Forefathers?  If so, do you realize the Forefathers are now flipping over in their graves!  The Forefathers purposefully worded that sentence to read “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. ”  It is not the Forefathers that give us equal rights, it is the Creator who created us equal in his eyes.

What is scary is most liberals do believe the government gives us our equal rights.  Government is god in their world.

Perhaps Ben realized who he was facing, that being Bill Maher a committed atheist and in good liberal fashion didn’t want to offend Bill over God.  If Ben was going to go to the mat for Muslims, one would think he would go to the mat for something that is historical and undeniable.

What are your thoughts about Batfleck’s views and arguments?

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook

Comments (19)

1. Your style is unique in comparison to other folks
    I have read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I’ll just book mark this page.

2. Joel Torczon says:

Funny that Ben would talk a big game about unalienable rights such as all men being created equal as he and his ilk certainly don’t extend that to human beings who were conceived in the womb through no fault of their own. Perhaps that explains his statement that purposely fails to acknowledge the Creator who gave us these rights.

3. mariela523 says:

If I can find some more posts like this one, that would be marvelous.

4. carlie5698 says:

This really shows that you can still find folks that care about what they post online. I truly enjoyed reading the comments.

5. Console Games says:

The first release regarding “Majora’s Mask” sold in relation to 3. thirty five thousand illegal copies throughout the world. Critics named the overall game “the ideal adventure the particular Developers sixty-four has to offer, inch in addition to “one of the extremely resourceful areas in every of game playing. “

6. Saliva Drug Test says:

Get properly prepared to pass your drug test

7. adrianne6097 says:

This post is what I consider an easy to follow posting. Very clear and to the point. I will have to definately watch out for more content like this.

8. hermelinda7000 says:

Now i’m really delighted I stumbled upon this posting. It’s well written and the content is great. I hope to uncover more like this.

9. dione6646 says:

Now this is what I consider an easy to follow posting. Straightforward and to the point. I am going to definately watch out for more content like this.

10. monty7679 says:

I believe I actually checked out a different post similar to this one in before. It had the exact same subject matter and is just as well published.

11. fredrick9854 says:

And this is what I consider awesome content. Continue the great work.

12. debrah8669 says:

There is no doubt that this specific post is one of the best I’ve found today. It’s also obvious the person who’s website this is put much work in it. Great work!

13. mariam266 says:

Excellent submit. It looks like much time and effort went into this.

14. spring4498 says:

Very good information in comparison to most of the other topics I’ve read. Keep up the good work.

15. laverne5255 says:

The following is extremely good material. One of the better posts I’ve found at this time. Carry on the good work.

16. eleonora2316 says:

That is extremely good material. One of the better posts We’ve found at present. Continue the good work.

17. chas6757 says:

You can scarcely find content such as this nowadays. I remember when you could find a few posts similar to this in a few minutes however now it’s significantly harder.

18. chadwick9414 says:

I’m certainly going to bookmark this page. It’s not something I would typically be interested in but you simply can’t disregard the fact that this really is good site content. If only other people would put this sort of work in their content.

19. best detox says:

This content is quite involving. I am going to definately be returning your website.